The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving all raw materials, packaging materials, supplies and equipment and preparing all outbound orders for shipment in a timely and appropriate manner. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk reports to the Warehouse Supervisor. Must have experience using excel, and outlook. Able to drive a Forklift. Load and unload trucks.
- Receive all materials, supplies and equipment in a timely manner
- Record all inbound materials, supplies, equipment, etc. in the receiving log
- Prepare samples of all ingredients per FDA requirements and file appropriately
- Log all samples in the log book
- Work with blending room lead and put away ingredients in assigned areas.
- Post stocked items in QuickBooks/Fishbowl
- Post packing slips into Fishbowl, including those from 3rd party co-packers.
- Maintain accurate records of all inventory stored in temporary “pods” and other assigned storage areas
- Maintain good housekeeping of inventory
- Print labels for all “outside vendor” batches
- Schedule delivery/pick-up of “outside vendor” ingredients, supplies, boxes, bottles, etc. As required
- Maintain shipping/receiving supplies inventory at appropriate levels and write up a request to purchase for appropriate signature
- Review inbound ingredients/supplies with Blending and Packaging Leads to schedule work priorities
- Assist in the loading/unloading of all deliveries
- Prepare all outbound orders for shipment in an appropriate and timely manner
- Print shipping labels, barrel labels and pallet labels when needed
- Working with sales entry person, print out packing lists, bills of lading and other documents as required for each shipment
- Record all shipments in shipping log book and file copies of documents in backup file
- Schedule delivery/pickup of product based on customer requirements, including contacting shipping services directly.
- Update shipping log with invoice # to insure all outbound shipments are accounted for
- Record all samples of produced product in the sample bog book, and store samples in clearly identified boxes
- Review anticipated completion of work orders with the Packaging Lead and plan shipments accordingly
- Perform any other duty or assignment as may be assigned from time to time by the Warehouse Supervisor or Production Manager.