The purchasing manager is responsible to lead the purchasing activities and sourcing. The candidate
must have at least five years of purchasing and procurement experience. The buyer must be skillful in
ordering the materials need it in order to meet production schedules. The Purchasing manager is in
charge of a couple of buyers.
- Must have five years’ experience in purchasing. (No exceptions)
- The candidate needs to have experience in purchasing supplemental, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, food, or drinks. (any FDA regulated)
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engage in buying.
- Excellent understanding of contracts with vendors.
- Locate vendors of materials or supplies. Able to negotiate prices and terms.
- Knowledge of production process, raw materials, quality, other overall manufacturing procedures.
- Robust computer and math skills.
- Ensure timely product delivery and product availability.
- Develop and maintain vendor relations.
- Monitor current inventory levels and placing purchase orders as needed.
- Work with other departments, accounting, production, quality and others as needed.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Communicate with production any anticipated-out stock situations and find alternatives.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Confers with suppliers concerning delivery dates.
- Make sure all reports and records are complete, timely and accurate.
- Maintain excellent relations with vendors, suppliers and company personnel.
- Ability to write ideas so others will understand.
- Provide support as needed.
- Degree in business administration, supply chain management or equivalent.
- Resume must be concise and complete.
- Full Time: Monday Thru Friday. Benefits, PTO, Holidays.
- Candidate must be located around Tempe / Phoenix metro area, AZ.
- Company does not offer any traveling expenses for interviews or moving expenses.